Monday, March 30, 2009

Cece Guillan '03

Regional Sales Manager,
Wizard Connection - Special Event and Design Company

q: What do you do?
a: I help run an event planning company headquartered in Orlando with offices in Naples and Clearwater. I manage the office assistants and coordinate projects for the Director of Sales.
q: What's your favorite part of the job?
a: Definitely the people: vendors, co-workers and clients. Meeting all kinds of different personalities every day keeps life interesting.
q: What's the greatest challenge?
a: Definitely the people: vendors, co-workers and clients. They can have challenging demands, with lots of last minute details. Third party clients can't always plan in advance. Working here has taught me to become more flexible.
q: Do you stay in touch with any other UCF hospitality alums?
a: I run into Rosen alumni everywhere I go, but am most in touch with Lora Lesnikowski'08 and Carrie Bailey '07 who also worked at Wizard Connection.
q: Outside work...you're most likely to be seen?
a: At the gym, running or playing soccer.
q: Your biggest accomplishment since graduating, outside your career?
a: Experiencing different cultures by traveling the world including trips to Japan, Switzerland and Argentina.
q: How did UCF prepare you for what you do?
a: By playing on the UCF soccer team, I learned all about teamwork. Knowing how to successfully work on a team is the essence of the hospitality industry.
q: How could the hospitality program have been better?
a: Everything was offered to me as far as hospitality networking and student associations. I wish I had taken advantage of it but all my time was spent with the soccer team.
q: A UCF memory?
a: Traveling around the U.S. with the soccer team. Our coach let us do lots of sightseeing on our trips. For part of our work-out in Colorado Springs, we went jogging at Garden of the Gods.
q: Favorite meal in Orlando?
a: Oysters at Oceanaire Seafood Room, at Pointe Orlando.
q: On your iPod?
a: A big variety, ranging from The All-American Rejects to Dave Matthews to Taylor Swift to Kings of Leon.
q: Little known fact about you?
a: I'm the worst singer but I just can't stop. I sing at work and in the shower and basically everywhere I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment