Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Adam Bailey '05


Director of Production,
The Coordinator
q: What do you do?
a: Manage production and sales for a special events company. Whereas a typical caterer might take two hours to prep for an event, we may take two days to set up since our events are highly-produced -- not just including food and beverages, but also details including florals, themed decor, transportation and promotional items. We just completed a 500-person sit-down dinner and concert at UCF.
q: What's your favorite part of the job?
a: Considering this is my seventh year in this position...all of it! I enjoy what I do.
q: What's the greatest challenge?
a: In these times, the first thing cut from many budgets is events. Whether it's a private homeowner or a major company, everyone's scaling back.
q: Do you stay in touch with any other UCF hospitality alums?
a: So many! Top of mind are Erin Durning '05, Candi Evett '06, Jillian Johnson '07, Taylor Mackey '07 and Aaron Thompson '06. Aaron's the warehouse manager here at The Coordinator.
q: Outside work...you're most likely to be seen?
a: Downtown. I don't like to sit around so am always out doing something.
q: Your biggest accomplishment since graduating, outside your career?
a: Holding on to my college friends and making new ones. Also: "Building Adam Bailey" -- growing as a person.

q: How did UCF prepare you for what you do?
a: UCF helped me grow socially. Rosen's courses helped me discover my passions in the hospitality industry. The internships helped me see every aspect of the business and get the great job I have now.
q: How could the hospitality program have been better?
a: Rosen College was brand new and the student housing wasn't completed yet, so I lived on the Main Campus. It was a long drive! Also, at the time, the content of many of the courses seemed to overlap. That may be different now.
q: A UCF memory?
a: My fraternity, socials and intramurals. College life was like a sprint -- I wanted to do everything.
q: Favorite meal in Orlando?
a: The brisket we serve on our carving stations at The Coordinator is amazing.
q: On your iPod?
a: Everything including rap, country, rock and dance.
q: Little known fact about you?
a: Most people don't see my crazy side since they know me professionally. I'm still a silly big kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment