Saturday, August 15, 2009

Omaira Dostie '06


Sales Manager,
Medieval Times

(Maiden Name: Omaira Soto)

q: What do you do?
a: Every day is different as I help to promote Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament to the markets I have been assigned, including SMERF (social, military, educational, religious and fraternal) and corporate groups. I respond to sales leads, give tours to prospective client groups and make formal presentations to meeting planners. The arena in our Kissimmee Castle holds 1100 people and some large groups will buy out the whole thing. Some companies will bring all of their employees to see our show for a special event. This Medieval Times has undergone a $7 million renovation and many repeat guests return and visit our authentic eight-cottage medieval life village based on 11th century Spain.
q: What's your favorite part of the job?
a: Getting to know the cast, and helping create a memorable experience for our guests.
q: What's the greatest challenge?
a: Starting in this position about a year ago, during a bad economy. However, I feel this makes me stronger and more efficient.
q: Do you stay in touch with any other UCF hospitality alums?
a: Yes, mostly Vanessa (Lopez) Rios '06 and John Walker '06.
q: Outside work...you're most likely to be seen?
a: At my parent's house. My nephew was just born in July and I like to spend time with him!
q: Your biggest accomplishment since graduating, outside your career?
a: Buying a house with my husband.
q: How did UCF prepare you for what you do?
a: The best thing were the group projects. They helped me build confidence which is very important in the sales presentations I make in my job.
q: How could the hospitality program have been better?
a: Some type of graphic design class should be required, because a general knowledge of it would be helpful.
q: A UCF memory?
a: The Quantity Food Preparation class. I'd never thought I'd enjoy cooking. Well, really I still don't, but that class was a whole lot of fun.
q: Favorite meal in Orlando?
a: Texas de Brazil.
q: On your iPod?
a: A little bit of everything, including Green Day, Nickelback, Marc Anthony and salsa music.
q: Little known fact about you?
a: I'm a proud military brat. I have a deep compassion for people who serve in the military. They sacrifice a lot for us every day and we should be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment