Friday, January 30, 2009

Taryn Schademan '07

Strategic Account Coordinator,
Expedia
Maiden Name: Taryn Dorsey 


q: What do you do?

a: I work with Global Strategic Accounts at Expedia, Inc, specifically assisting with and maintaining the corporate relationship with the IHG and Best Western brands.
q: What's your favorite part of the job?
a: At Expedia, the sky's the limit. Our business is always evolving and on the edge of technological advances.
q: What's the greatest challenge?
a: I am always learning something new about the company, more efficient ways of doing my job even better, and the hospitality industry in general.
q: Do you stay in touch with any other UCF hospitality alums?
a: Yes! I work with Ashley Mulvey '07 and Shannon McLeod '05, and I have kept in contact with Kacie Shuba '06. I see Rosen alumni all over the place!
q: Outside work...you're most likely to be seen?
a: Spending time with my husband, enjoying great food and wine, and spending time with friends.
q: Your biggest accomplishment since graduating, outside your career?
a: Remodeling our house and marrying the man of my dreams.
q: How did UCF prepare you for what you do?
a: Learning about and discussing current events, learning and using the terminology crucial to this industry, and working on real-world events/projects.
q: How could the hospitality program have been better?
a: I wish there had been more opportunities to research, write, and develop projects in our classes. Also, as the Rosen College developed, there were many interesting courses listed in the course catalog that weren’t available for credit during my undergradate career that I would have loved to take and explore.
q: A UCF memory?
a: Spirit Splash at the Reflection Pond during Homecoming week.
q: Favorite meal in Orlando?
a: At Hue: the tuna tartare appetizer, filet mignon and mashed potatoes.
q: On your iPod?
a: A mix of country, rock, pop and my favorites from the 80's & 90s like Paula Abdul.
q: Little known fact about you?
a: I'm a bed hog.

No comments:

Post a Comment