Friday, March 13, 2009

Casey Keller '07

Sales Associate,
Hello Florida!


q: What do you do?

a: Hello Florida! plans events for corporate groups coming to the Orlando area. I'm responsible for putting together proposals and contracts for our clients. I speak with different vendors and venues all over Orlando everyday.

q: What's your favorite part of the job?
a: Seeing the long planning process of an event come together, and the final result as its executed into a successful program. It makes the long, stressful weeks and months of planning seem worth it when the client is happy. Also, I'm constantly discovering new things about Orlando.
q: What's the greatest challenge?
a: Time management. It’s imperative to prioritize and organize. Without those abilities, you cannot be successful in this role.

q: Do you stay in touch with any other UCF hospitality alums?
a: Many Rosen alumni work at Hello Florida! including John Brooks '07, Amy Kong '07, Tiffany Stewart '08, Stephanie Goode '07, Lisa Kaplan '08, Erin Considine '07, Matt Cappuccilli '05, Kristin Utley '06 and Austin Bagwell '04. I also keep in touch with sorority sisters who majored in Hospitality.

q: Outside work...you're most likely to be seen?
a: If it’s nice weather on the weekend, I'm always down by the pool soaking up the sun. Time outside is cherished when you sit in a cubicle all week!

q: Your biggest accomplishment since graduating, outside your career?
a: Moving into a new apartment and being completely self-sufficient. There’s something about making it on your own that is so satisfying.

q: How did UCF prepare you for what you do?
a: I learned about Hello Florida! in my events classes so the fact that I wound up working here is awesome. The events classes and professors helped prepare me with their real world experience, examples and stories. So much better than relying on a textbook!

q: How could the hospitality program have been better?
a: When I was at Rosen, the Event Management degree wasn't available yet.

q: A UCF memory?
a: Time spent in my sorority. Best decision I made: it was the most fun four years of my life, and some of my best friends were made during my time there.

q: Favorite meal in Orlando?
a: Anything at Café Tu Tu Tango.

q: On your iPod?
a: My iPod is such an eclectic mix of music it’s hard to narrow down. It definitely depends on my mood and what I’m doing.

q: Little known fact about you?

a: I have a twin brother who is one minute older than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment