Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cristina O'Connell '06

Assistant House Manager,
Ronald McDonald House

q: What do you do?

a: I’m responsible for just about everything that happens in the house. This includes checking families in and out, supervising and training volunteers, inspecting rooms after the housekeeper cleans them, coordinating the Share-A-Meal program, giving tours, etc.
q: What's your favorite part of the job?

a: Helping the families that stay here and being able to see them go home with a healthy child. Also, the volunteers have brought so much joy into my life! They are like family to me!
q: What's the greatest challenge?
a: The opposite. When the outcome is not good. That’s the hardest!

q: Do you stay in touch with any other UCF hospitality alums?
a: I'm looking forward to getting back in touch with some, including Abby Hilmer '07 and Christy Hilmer '06.

q: Outside work...you're most likely to be seen?
a: At the movies, restaurants, or Target. Love Target!

q: Your biggest accomplishment since graduating, outside your career?
a: Getting married to my high school sweetheart on May 5, 2007.
q: How did UCF prepare you for what you do?
a: UCF professors taught real-life experiences to prepare me for my career. I’m able to use those tools now and handle situations when they arise.

q: How could the hospitality program have been better?
a: The internship hours could have been reduced, but I think the requirements may have changed since I was at Rosen.

q: A UCF memory?
a: The Food Lab was my favorite. It was one of my final courses with the friends I had made. I remember over-measuring the brown sugar for chocolate chip cookies. I still beat myself up about that to this day!

q: Favorite meal in Orlando?
a: The Chicken Santiago at Bahama Breeze.

q: On your iPod?

a: I don’t own one. I’m probably the only person without an iPod.

q: Little known fact about you?
a: I’m half Cuban.

No comments:

Post a Comment