Monday, November 23, 2009

Brandee Gaar '01



Owner,
Blush by Brandee Gaar

Maiden Name: Brandee Simmons

q: What do you do?

a: I've owned my own event planning business for two and a half years. We plan mostly weddings but also other special events. I work about 50 hours a week but most of it is from home and on my own schedule.
q: What's your favorite part of the job?
a: Seeing my couples' faces when they see their ballroom for the first time.
q: What's the greatest challenge?
a: Keeping up with the demand.
q: Do you stay in touch with any other UCF hospitality alums?
a: Alison Watkins '02 who works with me at Blush, Jen Sandler Rosenthal '06, Kristi Moschos Johnson '05 and Jen Johnson '08.
q: Outside work...you're most likely to be seen?
a: With my kids, Emma and Hannah, and my husband.
q: Your biggest accomplishment since graduating, outside your career?
a: Staying involved with organizations like the National Association of Catering Executives, and serving on the Event Management Advisory Board for Rosen College.
q: How did UCF prepare you for what you do?
a: It helped me learn time management: to prioritize, set goals and accomplish!
q: How could the hospitality program have been better?
a: More available parking.
q: A UCF memory?
a: Greek Week!
q: Favorite meal in Orlando?
a: At Bonefish Grill, the Bang Bang Shrimp and a glass of Sonoma Cutrer.
q: On your iPod?
a: Toby Mac, Casting Crowns and Mandisa.
q: Little known fact about you?
a: I'm very driven but deep down am goofy and love to take risks. Don't talk about it...do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment